~ The History of Bible Way Association ~
Born of a Vision - 1958
Bible Way Association was originally started as a prayer meeting in July of 1958 and became established as a Church in October of 1958 under the name of Community Fellowship Pentecost Church.
The location of the first church was around 18th and Geyer street in the city of St. Louis, Missouri. Within six months and after much prayer of the
Founders, the decision was made to start an organization.
During April of 1959, Community Fellowship Pentecost Church became an unincorporated association of ministers and churches having adopted the name of Community Fellowship Pentecost Ministers and Churches Association.
Chapter 352 - 1960
In 1960 the Board of Directors of Community Fellowship Pentecost Ministers and Churches Association decided to hire an attorney to petition the court for this organization to become a body politic and corporate by Pro Forma Decree of Incorporation.
The case was heard July 7, 1960 by Judge Waldo C. Mayfield and the decree was issued making Community Fellowship Pentecost Ministers and Churches a body politic and body Corporate under Chapter 352 of
the Missouri Revised Statutes.
The Move - 1966
The petition was made and the decree issued in the Ripley County Courthouse in Doniphan, Missouri. The decree was filed and recorded on April 29, 1966 by Howard R. Manness as the presiding Judge.
Renamed - 1974
During the early part of 1974, the decision was made to change the name of the organization from Community Fellowship Pentecost Ministers and Churches Association to the name which it currently bears, Bible Way Association. This decree was issued on May 7, 1974 by Judge Rex Hinson and was filed and recorded June 18, 1974 at the Ripley County Courthouse in Doniphan, Missouri.
Re-Organized - 1992
On June 23, 1992, the petition was filed which would amend the Association while maintaining its original validity.
On July 7, 1992, the decree was issued by Judge Arthur Cope and was filed and recorded August 3, 1992.
Final Amendment - 2002
Bible Way Association went through its final transition in 2002 when the corporation petitioned the court again to amend its articles making its structure even more secure. This decree established the current articles upon which Bible Way Association stands.